Our experienced team of millwrights and technicians are trained to align and service your mill equipment so that it runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Mill Alignments – Can your mill “self-thread” strip, from first driven pass to last? If not, maybe you should call to discuss an alignment!
- “Scope” Mill Alignments – The “SCOPE” system can be applied to all types and makes of tube and pipe mills – including ERW, arc-weld, and high frequency, as well as all types of roll formers. Precision “SCOPE” alignment ensures repeatability, and that translates into a bigger bottom line. Let a T&H Lemont “SCOPE” alignment program breathe new life and productivity into your tube/pipe mill or roll former.
- Field Replacement of Bearings and Shafts – Repair and preparation of your mill for precision alignment!
- Preventative Maintenance Evaluations – Check the gearboxes, drive train and other wear critical systems for appropriate repairs or changes to maintenance schedules!
- Overhaul/Rebuilds – When there is too much to do, or too little time to do it, our skilled mill builders can be your temporary maintenance department! Our place or yours!
- Installation/Millwrights – Install It! Move It! We can help you do it!
Scope Mill Alignment Process
A “SCOPE” Mill Alignment is an exclusive, 2-to-3 day mill alignment service from T&H Lemont. It is available to all manufacturers of tube, pipe and roll sections. The special techniques used in a “SCOPE” alignment have been developed and perfected by T&H Lemont’s engineers on new mill systems. The result is a complete mill alignment from forming through cutoff, with an achievable accuracy of ±.001 over a total distance of 250 feet. T&H Lemont’s engineers first check the levels and elevations of both forming and sizing sections. The “SCOPE” system is then mounted to the mill base at the entrance to the forming section. Key target fixtures are mounted to each shaft, allowing a direct readout of “out-of-alignment” in thousandths-of-an-inch. Bearings and collars are relocated as required to give proper shaft location. Each shaft is paralleled to the base and to one another. The same procedure is then repeated for the sizing section.
Benefits of Scope Mill Alignment
- Complete elimination of seam twist
- As much as a 50% reduction in scrap
- A significant increase in mill “up-time”
- Improved roll life